In 1817 our Township was named after Commodore William Bainbridge, a hero of the War of 1812.
The Bainbridge Historical Society was organized in 1990 to preserve the history of the township and remind residents of “Old Bainbridge”. In order to do so, the society collects artifacts and memorabilia from local residents to display in the Bissel-Tucek House.
The south portion was constructed in 1835 by Justus Bissell, the township’s first postmaster. The north section was added in the 1870’s by John and Lovina Edick . The House served as a residence for 9 different families between 1835 and 2000, with Frank Tucek being the last owner for nearly 60 years. It is now a history museum for the township. Rooms contain furniture, household accessories, tools, photographs, books and other collectibles.
The Bainbridge Historical Society meets monthly in the Burns-Lindow Building.